Mr R Dubbaka, MBBS, FRCS (Ophth)
Consultant Ophthalmologist and Vitreoretinal Surgeon
Mr R Dubbaka has wide experience in Surgical Retina, Medical Retina, Cataract surgery and General ophthalmology. He has worked in the NHS for more than 27 years. He received his vitreoretinal surgical training in London Hospitals, including Whippscross University Hospital and Royal Free Hospital. Currently he is working as a consultant ophthalmologist and full time vitreoretinal surgeon at the Darlington Memorial Hospital and BMI Woodlands Hospital. He is also a clinical supervisor of ophthalmic specialty trainees.
He receives referrals for the management of simple and complex cataracts and surgical management of complications following cataract surgery and has extensive experience in dealing with difficult and complicated cataracts. He also implants special intraocular lenses such as toric, multifocal lenses.
- British and Eire Association of Vitreoretinal Surgeons
- European Society of Retina Specialists
- British Medical Association
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- European VitreoRetinal society
- Surgical retina (Retinal Detachment, Macular hole, Epiretinal membrane, Macular surgery, Posterior vitreous detachment (PVD), surgery for diabetic patients, Vitrectomy, Surgery for Uveitis and inflammation, Trauma
- Medical Retina (Age related Macular degeneration, Diabetic retinopathy. Retinal vein occlusion Lasers etc)
- Cataract surgery (various Intraocular Implants)
- General Ophthalmology
- Investigations such as OCT, Ultrasound, FFA
Current NHS Post
- Darlington Memorial Hospital